TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum
. Home . Bookstore . Audio & Video . Read Articles Testimonials Testimonials . Shopping Cart . Contact Us . Forum  
TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Ask The Experts!
 Pick Joel Comiskey's Brain
 Youth Cell

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

This field helps prevent automated access
Enter the code as it is shown below:  
  The CAPTCHA image Listen (mp3)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
as a child Posted - 04/01/2005 : 11:56:59
I've been running a cell for our college students and our pastor is considering shifting towards our high school students. I was hoping I could benifit from your experience and get some good suggestions on some things.

First off, this cell has a very basic structure. Welcome, Worship, Word, then Works. There is a friendly, thought provoking welcoming question to break the ice, followed by worship. Then we get into the Word and apply three levels of questions to what we read. We finish with works and pray for one another then hang out and enjoy fellowship. This was very successful, attracting our local bible college. I'm afraid this won't be as appealing to the youth though.

I've done a lot of ministry with our youth and feel I know the students very well. I understand that many aren't quite as hungry for extra time in the word but lean more towards the fellowship aspect of cell ministry. Do you have any suggestions on how to both attract and teach a young cell group? Would you suggest a different cell structure?
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Joel Comiskey Posted - 04/04/2005 : 11:34:38
Hi youth cell leader,

I would suggest that you yourself are filled with the Spirit and that you allow the Spirit to lead you. I think young people like the feel of a Holy Spirit oriented time that has the ring of flexibility but Spirit-oriented ministry. Thus, CHANGE THE ORDER all the time. I was in one cell church in Honduras that trained their leaders to change the order of the cell each week because they realized that variety is the spice of life. Post moderns do like the feeling of sharing. Thus, emphasis prayer needs and then pray over the young people who ask for prayer. Emphasize worship. This touch's the heart of young people. YES, WE DO NEED THE WORD since GOD'S WORD IS POWERFUL AND LIVING. I would simply try to make it very applicable to their lives, but do read Scripture. One idea is to ask various young people lead the Word time while you as the leader coach him or her. This will create the sense that everyone is involved in BRINGING THE WORD. A lot of young people feel like PREACHING THE WORD is the preacher or leader's job. But applying the WORD IN THE CELL is everyone's job. Thus, I do think you really need to PLAN the order but PLAN A CERTAIN SPONTANEITY into what happens (reverse order, etc). AND always be open for God to change even YOUR PLANS as He will (maybe you'll end up worshipping longer, praying for someone for a long time, fellowship the whole time, etc.). I personally think the MACRO aspects of cell is primary (weekly, outside the church building, evangelism, community, discipleship, and multiplication) but the micro level has a high degree of flexibility (order, what goes on in the cell, etc.). I hope this helps,

Joel

Joel Comiskey
www.comiskey.org

TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum © Copyright 2010 TOUCH Outreach Ministries, Inc. All rights reserved. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000