TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum
. Home . Bookstore . Audio & Video . Read Articles Testimonials Testimonials . Shopping Cart . Contact Us . Forum  
TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Cell Leader's Discussion Area
 What's on your mind?
 Childcare

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

This field helps prevent automated access
Enter the code as it is shown below:  
  The CAPTCHA image Listen (mp3)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jamiex Posted - 10/08/2006 : 22:39:09
My church has started a cell group ministry and it is awesome! The problem is what to do with the children. There are many with toddlers and infants. Presently we have split the groups into zip codes so that people want have to drive as far. The problem is that to attend the cell group in my area I have to drive 12 miles to take my kids to the church nursery then back to the group near my house then back to the church again and back home. By the end of the night I have traveled almost 40 miles. This is the problem for many and the only group meeting near the church is already too large. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to handle the logistics of this issue? I'm sure this has come up somewhere else before. Thank you so much for your input!
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Donorail Posted - 10/12/2006 : 14:29:48
A few years ago we had a group that had 4 or 5 families. Each of these families had at least one baby, toddler, or pre-schooler.

We solved the child-care issue by meeting in the same home every week, hiring a neighborhood teen to watch the kids, and sending them into a finished basement to play. (Small babies stayed with their parents).

The parents found this approach convenient since it minimized driving. It was also cheaper than each family hiring their its own sitter. (Each of the families kicked in a buck or two to pay the sitter.)

We did not try to teach the kids but they did build relationships with other kids in the church.

The downside to this approach was that noise carries far in our home, so if one of the kids even whimpered, all of the moms would start listening to see if it was their child. The mothers were not able to concentrate on the discussion or prayer as much as they would have liked.

TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum © Copyright 2010 TOUCH Outreach Ministries, Inc. All rights reserved. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000