TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum
. Home . Bookstore . Audio & Video . Read Articles Testimonials Testimonials . Shopping Cart . Contact Us . Forum  
TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Ask The Experts!
 Pick Joel Comiskey's Brain
 Hispanic Church plant in the usa

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

This field helps prevent automated access
Enter the code as it is shown below:  
  The CAPTCHA image Listen (mp3)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
pastormilton Posted - 12/03/2004 : 22:16:12
I am hispanic pastor my church is a migrant church first generation in the usa we have grown from 16 to 70 in 10 months all out of relationship
God has really placed in our hearts to start doing cells so we can take care of them
but the questions are
1) how do we get started
2) what model to use
3) when God speaks to us about what model to use
4) where to get help for small hispanic churches
5) who can help us
the people in the church are Guatemalan, Mexican, Honduran
pasmilton@yahoo.com shalomchurch@charter.com
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Joel Comiskey Posted - 12/06/2004 : 08:09:19
Hi Pastor Milton, the good news is that your are a very young church. You don't yet have a lot of traditions that make it hard for you to change to become a cell church. You asked HOW TO WE GET STARTED. Milton, I think the key is for you to model what you want others to do. I think you and your wife (if you have one) should lead the first cell (and I think it's a good idea for the senior pastor to continue to lead a cell group). Ask your future leaders to join you in that first PILOT cell. While you are modeling what a cell should be like for approximately six months to one year, begin to train those future leaders at a different time (before or after the pilot cell or on another day). There are many great training tracks. My book LEADERSHIP EXPLOSION talks about those training tracks. I could even send to you a TRAINING TRACK in SPANISH that we used (write to me at joelcomiskey@msn.com). When each of the leaders has started their own cell (or in groups of two) then you as the pastor will COACH those leaders to make sure they're successful. From there, just continue to train, coach, and cast the cell vision. i think it's always good to have yearly cell goals to keep the vision on track. check out the RESOURCES on my web site www.cellchurchsolutions.com (right now we're in the process of translating everything into Spanish as well). God bless you, brother, as you start this exciting journey!

Joel Comiskey
www.comiskey.org

TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum © Copyright 2010 TOUCH Outreach Ministries, Inc. All rights reserved. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000