TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum
. Home . Bookstore . Audio & Video . Read Articles Testimonials Testimonials . Shopping Cart . Contact Us . Forum  
TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Ask The Experts!
 Pick Randall Neighbour's Brain
 Comment on the G12 model

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

This field helps prevent automated access
Enter the code as it is shown below:  
  The CAPTCHA image Listen (mp3)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
revjhun Posted - 09/24/2004 : 12:20:12
Good day!

I started Cell Ministry after reading Ralph Neighbor's "Where Do We Go From Here." I even adopted the title "Shepherd Group" then. I attended Touch Singapore's Intensive training in 1999 where the Cell model they presented was that of Dr. Ralph's model (now they are doing the G12 model).

I still believe in the effectiveness of the model to which I am well versed. Are you in the G12 model also? Please give comments on this.

revjhun

JESUS BLESS YOU!
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
touchadmin Posted - 03/09/2005 : 13:07:42
Sadly, many of the G-12 pastors have bought into the lie that it is the only "anointed" structure for cell group oversight. And it indeed is just another way to coach cell groups.

I am seeing a very distrubing trend among those who feel their model for cell ministry is superior to every other model—some are even saying Cho-style cells are satanic or ungodly in some way!

Every church is unique. Therefore, transitioning to a cell-based church will mean your church's cell oversight, discipleship and efforts to reach the lost will not look like any other church. This is really a no-brainer.

And one last word while I'm on my soap box:

If you think cell ministry (G-12, 5x5, 12.3, Hybrid, etc.) is going to make your church members start praying like crazy and reaching the lost just because they've been formed into small groups that meet in a home every week, it's time to wake up and smell the coffee... you're dreaming.

Ben Wong, a pioneering cell pastor over 200+ churches in Hong Kong said it best:

"A dead church that transitions to cells is now a dead cell church"

A church can only launch cells with those who are praying and reaching the lost. The rest of the church members must be raised from the dead before they should be allowed to join a cell group. That's why many of the larger cell-based churches require a "bootcamp" experience of sorts for all transfers into their church prior to joining a cell group. So wise, yet so few pastors really grasp this issue.

Jhun, I am not involved in the G-12 model simply because the Vineyard church I am a part of is doing a modified 12.3 kind of thing because it works for us...but as you can tell, I'm not a big fan of the 12x12 model simply because those using it are so militant that it's the only ordained way to do church. One can easily adopt the principles behind this model and put them to work in ANY style of cell ministry oversight.

Randall Neighbour
Forum Administrator
revjhun Posted - 10/06/2004 : 04:25:24
Thanks a lot for the response.

It's just that I am introducing the cell model (more of your dad's) to our denomination. I've been receiving objections from some of our pastors who are doing the g12 model.

Our team have been trying to make it unique for our church. Thanks for the good advice.

I haven't checked your materials/resources yet. Thanks again. Jesus bless you.

revjhun

JESUS BLESS YOU!
touchadmin Posted - 10/01/2004 : 08:51:12
I believe you must create an organizational oversight system that works for you. FCBC in Singapore felt the change would enhance their church's ability to reach more people for Jesus and raise up new leaders, but the results of that change have not produces rapid results.

In El Salvador, Mario Vega is pastoring a 120,000 member church that is using the 5x5 or Cho model that my dad, Ralph Neighbour wrote about a few years back. The G-12 church in Bogota is about the same size... which clearly indicates that G-12 is not "superior", but yet another good way to oversee cell groups and mentor leaders.

You must do whatever works best in your church, and what we are finding is that "jumping on the bandwagon" of every new structure will only lead to frustration and confusion. Your church's cell system should look like your church... totally unique!

Randall Neighbour
Forum Administrator
revjhun Posted - 09/28/2004 : 09:50:00
Am waiting for your reply.

Am now assigned to write our Manual on Small Group. I need your reply badly. thanks.

JESUS BLESS YOU!

TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum © Copyright 2010 TOUCH Outreach Ministries, Inc. All rights reserved. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000