TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum
. Home . Bookstore . Audio & Video . Read Articles Testimonials Testimonials . Shopping Cart . Contact Us . Forum  
TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Ask The Experts!
 Pick Randall Neighbour's Brain
 Evangelism Class

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

This field helps prevent automated access
Enter the code as it is shown below:  
  The CAPTCHA image Listen (mp3)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Gospelizer Posted - 11/23/2003 : 14:07:25
Hey Randall:

I've enjoyed talking with you on the phone a couple of times. Thanks for your ministry.

I am a pastor who will soon be teaching a class on evangelism in our Ministry Training school (a Bible institute with a cell emphasis--14 weeks). Some come from other churches who are not familiar to a cell approach to evangelism.

How would you approach the subject. I have so much to say, but I just don't know how to approach the subject and organize the class. Any help you might give would be great! Suggestions for a text would also be appreciated.

Thanks, brother!

Bob Payne
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
touchadmin Posted - 04/20/2005 : 09:31:02
Cool!

I'm working away at a cell agenda series as well... the first two are off to the printers and I'm working on the fourth while Robbi here at TOUCH is working on the third one.

In just a couple of weeks, pastors will have 24 weeks of cell agendas for their groups! Even though it's hard work to edit and format these books, it's going to be powerfully used by God, so I'm excited.

Send me your agendas... maybe we'll publish them for you!

Randall Neighbour
Forum Administrator
Gospelizer Posted - 04/19/2005 : 07:58:59
Ok, so it's been forever and a day since I have logged in. The class went great, and it turned into a sermon series that I presented to the whole church some months later, followed by 6 weeks of cell group agendas similar to Jim Eggli's (sp?) material.

It is always a challenge to get people to be others-oriented, but it has helped.

Pastor Bob
RedSalt Posted - 10/01/2004 : 16:17:03
Hey Gospelizer,

So how did your training go?

Thanks,

Shawn
touchadmin Posted - 01/05/2004 : 09:55:19
Rats! Had a great response all typed out and hit the wrong stinking button (reset fields) instead of Post New Reply!

Here's a synopsis:

1) Content looks strong.
2) Be sure to create a solid process to track effectiveness after it's all said and done so you can modify the training. This is usually left out for most churches! (ie: "Whew! Glad that's over... what's next?")
3) Consider adding an Encounter God Retreat at the end of this training. Believers who are bound by spiritual strongholds do not share their faith with others... too much bitterness and shame.

Randall
Gospelizer Posted - 12/29/2003 : 22:45:22
Yes, although some of this is classroom instruction, I too preach strongly against the information with no modeling, mentoring and application (I have used your Dad's chart comparing the early church with the modern church). I do use some classroom instruction, but for my own folks at least, it is coupled with cell life. (Some in my 12 week class are skeptical of cell groups and oikos evangelism. Evangelism without going door-to-door is almost blasphemy for some, although I have found some of these folks to be very curious, and some to be very open. Why I am teaching these people from other churches, and why their pastors approve of it is a long story...but I consider it to be a great opportunity to influence some young people.) I am using this "class" in the same way a retreat would be used (at least for my own folks). I found Leadership Explosion has influenced my approach to all of this.

Here is what the Lord has helped me to come up with so far (12 weeks):

1. Introduction to subject of relational evangelism. The Great Commission.
2. The oikos principle, and the ineffectiveness of modern evangelism (door-to-door).
3. More on the oikos evangelism, and servant evangelism.
4. Understanding type A and type B unbelievers.
5. Simple approaches to the unsaved, and the sharing of a personal testimony.
6. Cell group evangelism/"fishing with a net."
weeks 7-12: Use Jim Egli's Relating Jesus materials. Break up into smaller groups for discussion and application.

Thanks for your help and input. I look forward to your response!

Gospelizer Posted - 11/24/2003 : 18:32:29
Thanks for the suggestions.

No, it is not my desire to make this classroom like the typical classroom. I have even thought about using Jim Egli's materials (Relating Jesus).

Thanks again!

BP
touchadmin Posted - 11/24/2003 : 15:48:23
If I were teaching a class on evangelism, it would be long on practical application and short on actual "teaching".

Evangelism is a "doing" thing, birthed out of such a overwhelming joy from God that one cannot contain himself.

A great part of the class must be to help each student find the incredible love of Christ, out of which to share, wouldn't you agree?

I'd also share a simple plan of salvation, using their own piligrimage to the cross as a basis... and I'd insure they understand that evangelism must be done in the midst of a deepening relationship with someone. Stranger evangelism rarely works, and when it does, the false conversion rate is huge.

There are numerous resources to use, but truth be told, fifteen minutes on how to share your faith and fifteen hundred hours mentoring someone into a soul winner is what these folks need. To be honest, I have litte respect for classrooms of any kind, but I do appreciate your willingness to be in one and teach these men and women how to reach the lost.

Blessings on your efforts!

-Randall Neighbour

TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum © Copyright 2010 TOUCH Outreach Ministries, Inc. All rights reserved. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000