TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum
. Home . Bookstore . Audio & Video . Read Articles Testimonials Testimonials . Shopping Cart . Contact Us . Forum  
TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Cell Leader's Discussion Area
 What's on your mind?
 Starting a cell group church

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

This field helps prevent automated access
Enter the code as it is shown below:  
  The CAPTCHA image Listen (mp3)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kudzoo Posted - 04/06/2006 : 13:40:37
Looking to begin a new cell church. My first appraoch is to pray about gathering 6-7 people who will be on the track to become cell shepherds (if I can use Mr. Neighbour's term from his book).
Then I can assist these shepherds in launching their cell church groups, right?

Anyway, my question is:
What if your group grows over 12 before any of the 6 "shepherds" are ready to breakoff and start their own groups?
How will you split without having to lead two groups yourself?

Thanks,
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kudzoo Posted - 05/24/2006 : 02:51:24
Thanks
touchadmin Posted - 04/27/2006 : 09:03:11
First, I'd like to say I LOVE your screen name. Kudzoo is impossible to kill off, spreads like a virus, and covers everything... if you can do this with God's love, you'll have amazing success!

I highly recommend that you buy and use a resource we co-published with ChurchMart called The Cell Church Planter's Guide. In it, you'll see how to plant a cell-based church step by step, and it answers this question very clearly. Here's a link to it on our web site:

http://www.touchusa.org/store/Search.asp?search=PLG

To answer your immediate question, your initial group should be growing with conversion growth, not transfers from other churches from the most part... Why?

You need to "breed" a new DNA into your first leaders that healthy cell groups (as opposed to sickle cell groups) reach the lost for Christ as their main missional thrust. The meetings are to experience Christ's presence, power and purposes among the members.

So, when members reach a friend for Christ, they should bring that person to your cell group, disciple them out of the meeting time, and when you see strong friendships form with one or two other leaders in the group, your second group will form naturally with bonded friendships between new believers and future leaders.

Send out teams of people from your intial group, and discard thoughts of preparing 6 leaders and going from one to six groups. This is a weak cell group strategy. Send them out in teams who have the right DNA and can fend off wolves and stay on track with their mission to reach the lost for Christ through relationships and friendships.

Hope this helps!

Randall Neighbour
Forum Administrator

TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum © Copyright 2010 TOUCH Outreach Ministries, Inc. All rights reserved. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000