TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum
. Home . Bookstore . Audio & Video . Read Articles Testimonials Testimonials . Shopping Cart . Contact Us . Forum  
TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Pastor's discussion area
 What's on your mind?
 What's a pastor to do?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

This field helps prevent automated access
Enter the code as it is shown below:  
  The CAPTCHA image Listen (mp3)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mr.dot Posted - 05/30/2006 : 19:16:21
Where do pastors go who leave the traditional church? Any ideas?
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Messenger Posted - 08/07/2006 : 07:26:30
Can you elaborate more on what it means to be leaving a traditional church? If you are saying you want to reach the lost and the traditional church platform is an ineffective means to gather anyone but perhaps a few of the next generation from people within the congregation, then I suggest you help plant a church first, then perhaps plant one.

There are so many hats you have to wear and struggles you need to overcome in getting a church off the ground. Here are a few examples:
1. A solid vision and steadfastness to that vision when people and things conspire to derail it.
2. You need to be sure how to handle enough of the expected challenges so that the unexpected ones will not sink the church start.
3. Building a committed core strong enough to get it started and launching at the right time
4. Understanding that success is a byproduct of fulfilling a need. Meeting a need within the community that is within your talent and resource pool to deliver is what you should focus on. And that need should also reflect Jesus. (Such as meeting needs in the area of homeless of hungry people, relationship brokenness, and so onů)
5. Understanding what pace to grow at and throttling your approach to the community to grow at that rate.
6. Making sure you keep an eye on building disciples and pointing them at filling a need in serving in the kingdom of heaven.

There are so many more things it would also be wise to get a coach who has seen many plants. You also have to evaluate whether you are suited and called to reach people who are unchurched or dechurched. There are many requirements which are not similar to the needs of those who attend traditional services.

I hope this helps a little. I woudl be happy to share more.

Blessings,

jc
touchadmin Posted - 06/07/2006 : 16:20:48
They go to heaven, of course!

Randall Neighbour
Forum Administrator
Donorail Posted - 06/01/2006 : 07:31:51
Have you considered planting a new church?

TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum © Copyright 2010 TOUCH Outreach Ministries, Inc. All rights reserved. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000