TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum
. Home . Bookstore . Audio & Video . Read Articles Testimonials Testimonials . Shopping Cart . Contact Us . Forum  
TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Pastor's discussion area
 What's on your mind?
 Target Groups

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

This field helps prevent automated access
Enter the code as it is shown below:  
  The CAPTCHA image Listen (mp3)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
MikeFChan Posted - 06/09/2005 : 14:45:35
Can anyone point me to the place where I can obtain or purchase materials on specific target group topics (such as topics like guitar, teaching English as Second Language, etc. that were mentioned in the Opening Hearts Training)?
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
touchadmin Posted - 06/13/2005 : 17:39:29
When these books were written, my father was on staff at FCBC, Singapore. They produced a limited amount of "how to" guides for various interest groups, but they've long since stopped printing these, I'm sure.

If I were you, I'd just work with the cell group members who have an interest or expertise in something and help them develop it from scratch or springboard off existing resources you and they can find all over the place.

For instance, I know cell members who wanted to start a 10 week "How to be a great parent" interest group and used "Growing Kids God's Way" materials readily found in a Christian bookstore. Likewise, I was a part of an interest group a few years ago for learning to play the guitar, and the member who spearheaded this interest group formulated an 8 week plan of action including weekly meeting info such as:

Learning about your guitar (nut, bridge, why it makes sound, etc.)

The three basic chords that let you play a bunch of songs in the 1,4,5 positions (C, G, and A chords)

Learning a simple children's song to which we could all strum

Helping each of us find a song we'd like to learn to play

Teaching additional simple chords (E, Am, A, Em7, etc.)

Harry led the 8 weeks, and at the end we had a recital at the pavillion near our homes and invited all our families to come out and hear us play two songs together and every member who wanted to play something could do so as well.

It was home made, and excellent! We forged relationships with 4 unbelievers, one of which my wife and I spent quite a bit of time afterward—which is the goal of these groups... not to get them saved, but to forge friendships on which to build.

Hope this helps!

Randall Neighbour
Forum Administrator

TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum © Copyright 2010 TOUCH Outreach Ministries, Inc. All rights reserved. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000