TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum
. Home . Bookstore . Audio & Video . Read Articles Testimonials Testimonials . Shopping Cart . Contact Us . Forum  
TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Ask The Experts!
 Pick Randall Neighbour's Brain
 Free Market Small Groups
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2004 :  12:42:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
(I asked a similar question of Scott Boren but would love to have your feedback since I know you have read the "Fly Fishing" book).
A simple (I think) question . . .Is Ted Haggard’s Free Market Small Groups a version of cell groups or is it something entirely different? I have a practical concern in that the pastor of the church in which I serve would like to adopt this model. Frankly, as the small group champion, I feel called to follow a pure cell church model but also want to respect the authority of the pastor. Is this simply another approach to cells or would I be “selling out”?

Michael Beavers, MS LMFT

Forum Admin

119 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2004 :  11:15:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Free Market groups are not new, but what Ralph Neighbour, Jr. (my dad) refers to as interest groups.

Interest groups alone will not equip saints for the work of ministry, nor be healthy enough of a small group experience to be called "holistic" as NCD would term it.

But, I am not anti-interest groups by any means. I think three to five cell members in a holistic small group (UIOF style group) can and SHOULD launch an 8 week interest group on some area of interest like learning to play the guitar or car repair, etc. to connect with lost people who have no interest in God or Christians who gather in a home once a week to learn more about him and "enter into his presence", which is a totally wierd thing for them to hear from a believer.

Randall Neighbour
Forum Administrator
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum © Copyright 2010 TOUCH Outreach Ministries, Inc. All rights reserved. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000