TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum
. Home . Bookstore . Audio & Video . Read Articles Testimonials Testimonials . Shopping Cart . Contact Us . Forum  
TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Ask The Experts!
 Pick Randall Neighbour's Brain
 FRUSTRATED
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nagibson
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2005 :  11:02:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been asked to assist in starting cell group ministry at my church. However, the Pastor does not support me in the way I believe he should and have read how much the Pator's leadership in this is much needed or else it will not work. He knows this and has even given me Pastor Yonggi Cho's book to read. I've met with him and talked with him about needing his support but when I submit things for his approval, according to how we agreed we would work, I get no response. I have a team that helping put this together and we've asked the Pastor to announce this ministry from the pulpit so we can go forward with the kick-off but he has not mentioned it yet and has not offered any explanation. I am truly frustrated and I am doing my best to support the vision of the house but my hands are tied as I refuse to go forward until he announces this from the pulpit. Am I in the wrong here? What other ways can I show him that he has to walk the walk and not just talk the talk?

Thanks,

touchadmin
Forum Admin

USA
119 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2005 :  12:56:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nagibson:

Your pastor may be crazy like a fox when he won't announce cell ministry from the pulpit. I have no idea what your church and pastor and even you are like because we've never met, but I've found that announcing it from the pulpit just makes it a lousy cell ministry. Let me explain:

1. The goal is not to assimilate every church member into a cell group. The goal is to launch a cell group that reaches UNCHURCHED people for Jesus, and does it through deep relationships with the cell members.

2. When this first group has got it right and is outward thinking and has outward lived-out values, THEN others from the church can be invited... but it may not be a pulpit invitation and probably should not be made public yet... a fledgeling cell group ministry cannot deal with lots of traditional, do-nothing church members in groups. A few can be invited that have a hunger for the lost and a passionate relationship with Jesus.

As far as your frustrations go, you should ask your pastor to sit down with you and your whole team to discuss why it's not moving forward and what can be done to start it.

I highly recommend that you and your pastor read Making Cell Groups Work by Scott Boren... this book gives a clear, 8 stage process for implementing cells in a traditional church so as not to do harm.

Hope this helps!

-Randall Neighbour

Randall Neighbour
Forum Administrator
Go to Top of Page

Donorail
Starting Member

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2005 :  07:48:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am in a similar situation. My pastor is a great guy and wants groups, but he is pulled in several different directions.

My current strategy is to do the best I can with the two groups that I lead. God is starting to produce fruit in the members and I am hoping that others in the church will catch the vision.

BTW, when I get frustrated --- which is frequently --- I either spend extra time with God or browse through a TOUCH book. Then I remember what we are trying to do and why!
Go to Top of Page

RedSalt
Starting Member

25 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2005 :  12:51:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For those that are frustrated I just wanted to know how long each of you have been in ministry? Or how old each of you are?
Go to Top of Page

Donorail
Starting Member

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2005 :  07:40:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am in my early 40s and have been leading groups for 10 years.

I am not a pastor, I am just a lay leader to whom God has given a passion to see His people in groups.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum © Copyright 2010 TOUCH Outreach Ministries, Inc. All rights reserved. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000