TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum
. Home . Bookstore . Audio & Video . Read Articles Testimonials Testimonials . Shopping Cart . Contact Us . Forum  
TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Pastor's discussion area
 What's on your mind?
 Change of visionary
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Patsy
Starting Member

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2005 :  12:20:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would be grateful for any help with the following major problem that we have encountered over the past year. Our church transitioned to Cell around five years ago under the leadership of a Pastor who was loved by everyone. When he left we appointed a new Pastor who agreed with all that we were doing and was quite excited about becoming more involved. Unfortunately his vision is so totally different to everyone else in our cells including the two cell pastors and cell leaders who have all been in from the beginning. Cells have stopped growing and the 'sparkle' has left the meetings. Leaders have stopped attending leader meetings because of his aggression if anyone disagrees with him and he has turned the church back to relying on everything being from 'the front' rather than everyone in ministry. He says that he really wants the cells to grow but his actions say something else. He recently started an Alpha group which is totally outside of the cell system and have decided to stay outside because they don't like the name 'cell'. Help please.

Patsy

RedSalt
Starting Member

25 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2005 :  15:21:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm sorry to hear that things have turned out different than expected. Now my understanding is that the pastor came into the church knowing full well that it was a "Cell Church" or atleast trying to tranform into one? If he knew this, then have the board or elders approached him with this? Also how long has he been with the church thus far?

It's so hard to know what a person really means when they say they either support or understand what a churches vision/ direction is. It's truly sad that this person is not supporting it. I know that is all hindsight for you.

I'll be praying that God will work this for His good!!!

Blessing!
Go to Top of Page

watchman
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2005 :  11:59:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Patsy,

In my experience most good, God-led pastors are open to encouragement and discussions on vision. I would reccomend buying him lunch and frankly discussing your excitement and hopes for cell life in your church.

Also, pray for your pastor. He had very big shoes to fill and very high expectations to meet. I would also add that from your brief description of the situation, I would guess that there is a problem other than your community life methodology. Bring this all to God and prepare yourself for the movement he will initiate!

Corey
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum © Copyright 2010 TOUCH Outreach Ministries, Inc. All rights reserved. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000