TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum
. Home . Bookstore . Audio & Video . Read Articles Testimonials Testimonials . Shopping Cart . Contact Us . Forum  
TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Ask The Experts!
 Pick Daphne Kirk's Brain
 Struggling with IG cells
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mswatzmom5
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2005 :  10:35:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our church started a transition to cell groups the first part of this year. We started with 3 groups. Have multiplied 1 group and almost ready to multiply the group I am in. The second week of cell we had a new family come with 3 children so we really weren't prepared for children. I have 2 seven yr. olds so we started out w/ 5 children. We now have a 12 yr. old and a 1 yr. old & a 2 yr. old. 4 of our chidren are twins, it's a very unique bunch and some of their attention spans are 0. We have a teenager that has been working with them. The kids stay in for the ice breaker and then go to another room. They usually do worship, a lesson, watch a movie that pertains to what they talk about. I know it needs to be different but there's such an age difference in the kids, it's hard. They're a rowdy crew and it's so hard. Are there specific cell lessons available for kids? Your input would be great! Thanks!

daphne kirk

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  18:19:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have missed this posting... hope you have not given up on expecting an answer.

A straight answer to the question is that I do have a series of cell materials, Resources for the Intergenerational Cell, which take the children through the same Scripture and application as the adults. It is a good starting point. I would not involve the smaller ones in this, at this point they need a caring environement where they grow knowing that the community of Jesus is a great place to be.

The teenager needs to receive as well as give - and I would recommend they are part of the cell - as the other adults. The children belong to the whole cell and each member has the priviledge of taking them in rotation. The book "Heirs Together" - will guide you through many of these questions.

Reconnecting the generations and releasing young people and children to have an uncompromising passion for Jesus with a heart for mission and evangelism. www.Gnation2gnation.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum © Copyright 2010 TOUCH Outreach Ministries, Inc. All rights reserved. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000