TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum
. Home . Bookstore . Audio & Video . Read Articles Testimonials Testimonials . Shopping Cart . Contact Us . Forum  
TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Ask The Experts!
 Pick Daphne Kirk's Brain
 Questions about infant to school age
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2005 :  12:19:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our church is planning to transition to cells and one of the big challenges we face is how to plan for the very young children. We have several children in the infant to toddler ages. We have provisions for caring for these children during services held at the church but how do we best handle these ages in cells? Any advice would be appreciated.

Terry Marbut

Forum Admin

119 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2005 :  14:10:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm sure Daphne will eventually check her thread, but I thought I'd just respond to you briefly (and quickly) so you knew someone was out there for you!

Crib babies and toddlers are really not much of an issue in a cell group meeting. They enjoy playing in the middle of the room where the group meets and after just a few weeks, understand that they have to be quiet and play on the floor. It's the parents that are usually the problem! They are simply so child-focused that they a) can't focus on God with the children in the room and/or b) don't see how all the other parents and the adults in the room can help manage the kids during the meeting.

Intially, parents of tiny tots will balk at this, but you need to ask them some hard questions:

Are you really modeling member-to-member ministry when your children are in another room or home with a babysitter? (Children who grow up in segregated worship experiences will never learn how to pray for people and be prayed for by others from the example of their parents because they never see it happen!)

So if you (and the parents) can change the question from "what do we do with our kids" to "how can we further include them in the life of the group so they can see their purpose in life EARLY instead of later in their 20's or not at all?"

Daphne has excellent books that answer your question in both practical and philosophical ways. These books are in our children's resource area. Check them out!

Randall Neighbour
Forum Administrator
Go to Top of Page

daphne kirk

37 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  18:21:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I could not have said it better myself!!!!

Reconnecting the generations and releasing young people and children to have an uncompromising passion for Jesus with a heart for mission and evangelism.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum © Copyright 2010 TOUCH Outreach Ministries, Inc. All rights reserved. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000