TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum
. Home . Bookstore . Audio & Video . Read Articles Testimonials Testimonials . Shopping Cart . Contact Us . Forum  
TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Prayer Requests
 Encounter God Weekend Prayer Support
 Encounter God Weekend
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

kyran
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2006 :  09:49:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our Encounter God Weekends are just AWESOME! I am so thankful to have come across this material. We have hosted 5 weekends and are heading into our 6th on Oct. 13 -15.

Our last weekend was the first time we have taught some of the classes on our own. That was a great improvement to the weekend. It was scary, but gratifying! I was waiting to ask people to teach untill I heard someone say "so and so session really changed my life" That's when I pounced because I knew that it would be from their hearts and they would have real stories to share!

Up till now we have pretty much focused upon our church. This time we are opening the weekend up to other churches and the city. We pray that the freedom that 65 (only 150 in our church including kids and teens) people have found at our weekend will expand into the city of Cushing, OK.

We are also adding a Preperation night and a month of Follow-up Wednesdays to the weekend. I don't know how participation will be, but I know it is what we are being called upon to do to extend the freedom that people find during the weekend.

I am blessed to have developed a group of 10 people to be on the Encounter God team! Yea!!!! I did the first 3 by myself and after that the team just slowly developed. This time we will actually have two people in charge of the food and clean-up! That is quite a blessing! We will also have a prayer team praying for us every minute while we are gone. And a clean-up team (I'm still trusting in this one actually) that will come in Sunday and clean-up the factilty while we finish our sessions. This has always been left to those of us on the team who help with the weekend and we are always drop-dead tired by this time!

At our last weekend in March we began a weekend of Prayer at the International House Of Prayer in Kansas City a few weeks before hand to cover the weekend in prayer. This extra wallop of prayer made an incredible difference. This is something that has become non-negotiable!

I would like to ask that each of these areas be covered in prayer!
But what we have found needs the most prayer is the team. The first weekend that we had a team, we covered them in prayer before and during , but forgot after. Big mistake! All of our marriages were attacked big time!

A week before the last weekend we had in March,I found out my son had a cyst in his brain. A week after, that my mom had brain cancer. When it became time to begin prep. for this upcoming weekend, my father passed away. I really beleive that God has big things planned through this weekend in our church and Satan is a little ticked off about it! So, PLEASE, cover my family in prayer!

Also, I am trying to redesign the fliers and letters we use for this weekend. Is there anyone out there who has Encounter God stuff they have created that would be willing to share? We are in need of a new look and I am really not good at it! I haven't found anyone to take this over for me yet.

Thank you for all your prayers! I would LOVE to network with some other church that is doing the EG weekend in their church. Or even some with you, the person over this forum. (sorry, don't remember who it is right now!)

Desperate for Him,
Kyra

covenantlifegroups@praize.com
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum © Copyright 2010 TOUCH Outreach Ministries, Inc. All rights reserved. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000