TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum
. Home . Bookstore . Audio & Video . Read Articles Testimonials Testimonials . Shopping Cart . Contact Us . Forum  
TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Ask The Experts!
 Pick Joel Comiskey's Brain
 Restaurant Group
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Front Porch
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2007 :  22:37:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear Joel,

I approached the owner/operator of a local restaurant about forming a Christian lunch or breakfast group in the resturant and he got back with me with some interest. I am wanting some feed back on how you feel I could structure this group. I will advertise it to the local businesses through hand delivered flyers. We are probably looking at an hour and a half time frame but people coming in and out due to their lunch/breakfast schedule. I want to keep a cell format as closely as I can. Do you have any ideas?

Tim Wessley

Christianity is not a's a Lifestyle.

Joel Comiskey

30 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2007 :  12:55:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Tim,

I think it's awesome what you're trying to do. If I wou were you, I would focus on a SCALED DOWN version of the 4WS. That is, you could start with a WELCOME as simple as:
Share one interesting situation that happened during the last week. For the WORSHIP, you could ask for prayer requests and then pray in a meaningful way for the different requests. If there are other Christians in the group, you could ask that person to pray also. For the WORD time, I would defintely make it participatory and use basic themes that will minister to their needs. Perhpas you could start by sharing the meaning of the passage for 10 minutes--SO THEY CAN TRULY ANSWER THE QUESTIONS BECAUSE THEY'LL KNOW THE CONTEXT. For the WITNESS time, I would ask them to invite other restaurant workers to the group (of course this could expand to social outreach, etc.).

Tim, I prayed for you just now, asking Jesus to make your way prosperous.

Joel Comiskey
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum © Copyright 2010 TOUCH Outreach Ministries, Inc. All rights reserved. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000