TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum
. Home . Bookstore . Audio & Video . Read Articles Testimonials Testimonials . Shopping Cart . Contact Us . Forum  
TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Ask The Experts!
 Pick Joel Comiskey's Brain
 Refresh
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

johnbanton
Starting Member

Australia
6 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2003 :  06:56:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Joel, My wife and I've have served on cell church staff for years as an assoc. Last year God led my wife and I to pastor a small cell church plant in Sydney (it had gone through a challenging patch). It's so different moving from a church of 100's (80 cells)to 'small' (6 cells)...but it doesnt seem to be less work?

The transition from cell pastor to senior pastor has also been a big change. We love the people here but I feel like Im getting lost in details.

The ups and downs of weekly offerings, bills etc is all new to me (can feel like an emotional roller coaster)...mmm...The life of an assoc really allows you to focus on things you like and are good at...(leeks and garlic thought).

We know we are called here but could use some advice about the change of roles and how to juggle it all (I also take part time work occasionaly to make ends meet - and I study externally)

appreciate any thoughts you have - john

In fact anyone reading this post is welcome to give me ideas...I'm not picky 'bout who helps out

Edited by - johnbanton on 09/06/2003 15:10:04

Joel Comiskey

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2003 :  04:55:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey John,

Great to hear from you. What a challenge you now have. It seems like God is truly moving you onto the next level by making you senior pastor. New mountains to climb, new trust issues. Truly, the days of associate had less responsibility--but probably additional trials as well.

My advice--even through you know all of this is:

Focus on the cells. Focus on caring for your people through the cells. Focus on training new leaders to be future cell facilitators. Focus on your care for the key leaders (G12). THIS MIGHT MEAN LESS FOCUS ON SUNDAY CELEBRATION.

I'm discovering more and more that cell church is a core to crowd strategy rather than a crowd to core strategy. Great cell pastors view success in terms of how many leaders are being and have been raised up to lead new cells (and a sub-goal to that is evangelism in the cells). Resist seeing success in terms of Sunday numbers. Force yourself to see success in terms of how the cells are doing.

Remember that most of the cell churches worldwide even take offerings in cells.

Grow your church from the inside out.

BLESSINGS,

JOEL

Joel Comiskey
www.comiskey.org
Go to Top of Page

pastorkcjones
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2004 :  17:41:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In most congregations there is someone who is capable of taking the lead role in finances. If you can, DELEGATE to such a person the monitoring of offerings and the paying of bills and have them give you a short summary with any key comments or analysis. In the area of finance do remain involved in two key areas though 1) making sure the people are taught stewardship principles as a part of their discipleship training and 2) making sure the church budget reflects the vision, values and priorities that God has for your church.

KC Jones

KC Jones
Go to Top of Page

Joel Comiskey

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2004 :  18:37:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, KC, great comment

Joel Comiskey
www.comiskey.org
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum © Copyright 2010 TOUCH Outreach Ministries, Inc. All rights reserved. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000