TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum
. Home . Bookstore . Audio & Video . Read Articles Testimonials Testimonials . Shopping Cart . Contact Us . Forum  
TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Cell Leader's Discussion Area
 What's on your mind?
 Safe Place house groups
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2003 :  08:42:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

I have a question surrounding the whole cell church ministry. The home group network I'm involved in is "limiting" the number of new people we can invite to attend and this is partly distressing to me. I know of several new believers that are actively wanting a connecting point, house church or weekly avenue for expressing their faith, yet the leaders have told me to wait. "We are only going to allow a few to come in." I'm struggling with this. Their justification for this attitude is that the group has found a "safe place", and new people would change that and make people uncomfortable.

My thoughts are, "if it makes you uncomfortable that new people are present, you need to ask yourself where are you finding comfort, in people or God?" I think my question will rock the boat a bit, so I haven't asked it.

I need some thoughts from an objective perspective. Any takers?

Casey D

Randall Neighbour

15 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2003 :  03:35:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Problem seems to be that your home group network has an inward attitude... which will eventually cause extinction.

You may not be able to change anything, but you could ask if you could start a cell group for the new people that is an "open group", meeting on another night of the week. You'd be happy to report back to your home group about your successes and challenges. When it's large enough to be a group of its own, ask for it. Do bathe the whole issue in prayer and fasting.

While the "safe place" is a wonderful place to be, it absolutely cannot remain as the end-goal for any group that wants to be healthy and long lasting. Basic Christian Community (achieving the Great Commandment) will spoil like manna if the Great Commission is not pursued when one-another love is achieved. God's put us here for a task, and it isn't to create a second-rate version of "heaven on earth"!

Randall Neighbour
TOUCH. The Cell Group People.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum © Copyright 2010 TOUCH Outreach Ministries, Inc. All rights reserved. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000