TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum
. Home . Bookstore . Audio & Video . Read Articles Testimonials Testimonials . Shopping Cart . Contact Us . Forum  
TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Ask The Experts!
 Pick Bill Beckham's Brain
 Doctoral Programs
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic   

Timothy Maybray
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2003 :  07:06:32  Show Profile
Dr. Beckham,

Reading "Second Reformation" was the impetus for beginning cell life in our church. I now am reading "Redefining Revival". That is giving us a good push. This has all been a learning curve for me as I grew up in the traditional church. My father was a tradtional pastor (and a good one!). I went to a seminary that trained me in the classic disciplines (Fuller).
Becoming a cell chuch pastor has brought me to a point where I am having to new learn new ways of pastoring. It has been challenging and exciting.
I have been looking at Doctor of Ministry programs. I am actually one course into Asbury's program. And they offer a lot of good things through the Beeson Institute. I also am looking at Northern Baptist's program (although I am Free Methodist).
As I look I realize what I really want to study in cell life in churches. Do you have any suggestions?
Looking for guidance.
Thanks,
Tim Maybray

TDM

Rev. Glenn Dawson
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2005 :  15:07:03  Show Profile
Dr. Beckham,
A word for the search for a doctoral program. Schooling is wonderful but there is no substitute for trying and overcoming problems. (Tim Maybray)
God has impressed me to plant a cell church, We have 22 people and are at a point where we are training everyone in leadership and trying to empower them to take initiative to add to their cells. Our problem is overcoming old traditional church thinking. God will provide. Thank you for the time in considering this. I have read several books by Dr Neighbor and other cell people.
Glenn

glenn Dawson
Go to Top of Page

touchadmin
Forum Admin

USA
119 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2005 :  20:46:22  Show Profile
I noticed that Bill Beckham has not answered you on this topic. Feel free to email him directly at wabeckham@aol.com to get an answer.

Randall Neighbour
Forum Administrator
Go to Top of Page
   Topic   
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum © Copyright 2010 TOUCH Outreach Ministries, Inc. All rights reserved. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000