TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum
. Home . Bookstore . Audio & Video . Read Articles Testimonials Testimonials . Shopping Cart . Contact Us . Forum  
TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Cell Leader's Discussion Area
 What's on your mind?
 One of those "hidden problems"...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

James Bell
Starting Member

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2003 :  16:29:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sometimes it seems like the Cell Leader doesn't have the capacity to lead, the cell lesson is not well-presented, a couple of folks are acting like jerks, and the group is not bonding at all. After analyzing it in every possible way, we realize that the people in the group don't like each other. Period.

So we counsel them, pray for them, pray with them, pray for revival, and even think of which strong Cell Leader could move into this group and whip them into spiritual shape.

In another post, Ralph spoke of the interview process. Perhaps we need to consider who is in what group in terms other than geographical location, schedule, or someone assigning a person to a group that needed some new members.

Mutual interests, accomodating personalities, good mixes...really do matter more than we care to admit. We choose our marriage partners, our neighborhoods, our cars, our clothes, and who we want to have over next Friday night. But we are assigned a group, usually because of schedule or convenience. Maybe an interview would be a good idea...even a two-way interview.

bree
Starting Member

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2003 :  14:22:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't understand how you guys form your cell groups, but when you interview people it is usually for a job or for a postion of some sort. I thought that a cell group was a place for learning. I have people in my cell who distract others and a few who might not like each other, but they don't come to the cell talk about what they have been doing during the day or the week, don't misunderstand me, we have time for fellowship, but the main reason we gather together is to learn the word of god and to pray for each other and any needs that the members might have. Doing interviews and screening the people, is just like picking certain people who will fall into a certain catagory, to attend a specific cell. A cell group leader, LEADER being the key word should be able to handle who ever is in there cell group and with help from their LEADER be able to help and overcome any situations that, that particular cell group leader is having with a particular memeber of their cell group. We follow the G12 here, and all the leaders attend the SCHOOL OF LEADERS, this gives everyone an opportuniy to have a cell group. But if any one should be interviewed or screened, it should be the leaders. They have to have what it takes to be a leader, which in my opinion is to be open minded, remember that every one has a different personality, different needs and come from different backgrounds and cultures. To be firm, if you don't take control of the meeting, then it will definantly not be a goood experience for any one, and to have self control, and be focused. Even if someone is being a jerk, you have to remember the real reason you are the leader of that cell group and that is to be an example and to teach the members about the word of God.
Go to Top of Page

James Bell
Starting Member

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2004 :  16:42:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We form ours much the same way you and most others do, Bree. But I am wondering if a little consideration about compatability before a person joins a group would not be a good idea. Some groups just "connect" better than some other groups.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum © Copyright 2010 TOUCH Outreach Ministries, Inc. All rights reserved. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000