TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum
. Home . Bookstore . Audio & Video . Read Articles Testimonials Testimonials . Shopping Cart . Contact Us . Forum  
TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Ask The Experts!
 Pick Ralph Neighbour's Brain
 Evangelism Class
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Starting Member

20 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2003 :  14:12:04  Show Profile
Dear Uncle Ralph:

I just asked your son the same question (I suspect the responses may be similar...but maybe not!)...

I am a pastor who will soon be teaching a class on evangelism in our Ministry Training school (a Bible institute with a cell emphasis--14 weeks). Some come from other churches who are not familiar to a cell approach to evangelism.

How would you approach the subject. I have so much to say, but I just don't know how to approach the subject or organize the class. Any help you might give would be great! Any suggestions for a text would be great too!

Thanks, brother!

Bob Payne

Starting Member

20 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2003 :  22:10:37  Show Profile

Still would love to hear your reply when you get a chance!

Go to Top of Page

Forum Admin

119 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2004 :  14:07:32  Show Profile
I just emailed Ralph directly to let him know you are still waiting for his input on this question.

If he doesn't answer, do email him directly through the Forum system and he'll provide you with an answer.

Go to Top of Page

3 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2004 :  19:33:05  Show Profile
Dear Bob,

We have recently developed TOUCH GLOCAL Training Center, and I would suggest you browse the courses we are offering online. All I do to equip is done through the Equipping Track. I seek to first instill values into the group. Few traditionally created believers really feel it is their responsibility to make disciples. Providing instruction on methods or drilling them on how to make a "presentation" does not produce very much. Many years ago I did a Personal Evangelism Institute series 3 nights long all over Texas. There was a blip of enthusiasm and everything went back to "sub-normal." There were 2 reasons: (1) The people were motivated but their values had not changed. They did not REALLY think that people go to hell who do not go to the cross. (2) The blasted Programs of the church continued unrelentingly without any emphasis on reaching the lost, and they got swallowed up with the "business-as-usual" in the church programs.

If I were you I would begin with a clear series of small group experiences that would cause the entire group to rethink the MESSAGE we are to present. Nearly all will consider "evangelism" to be the transmission of a data base of information. It is not! Salvation is not a belief system to be adopted; it is an act in which the individual is incarnated by Christ. Until this is understood there will be little thought about HOW we present the "gospel."

There must be clear exposition of 1 Cor. 14:24-25, which reveals that true evangelism is when the cell group has observers in their midst and all are manifesting the Presence and Power of Christ. In that verse it explains what happens - the unbeliever is soundly repentant and received the Incarnation.

To accomplish this you might next use my OPENING HEARTS WEEKEND VIDEOS AND MANUALS. It has been used by hundreds of churches and you can either use the videos or view them yourself until you can present the content on your own.

Those who actually harvest an unbeliever should be hand picked and led through the BUILDING BRIDGES, BUILDING GROUPS, and finally the entire cell group should go through BUILDING AWARENESS.

I have an online course to help you with this last phase. See" target="_blank"> CL202 Target Group Evangelism.

It is my opinion that in the US churches we have fallen flat on our face with barren cell groups whose people have never reached a lost person except one very close to them. The unreached are legion and we are the only hope they have of being contacted by Christ's body.

Ralph Neighbour

Ralph W. Neighbour, Jr.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum © Copyright 2010 TOUCH Outreach Ministries, Inc. All rights reserved. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000