TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum
. Home . Bookstore . Audio & Video . Read Articles Testimonials Testimonials . Shopping Cart . Contact Us . Forum  
TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Ask The Experts!
 Pick Randall Neighbour's Brain
 kids cells
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chet
Starting Member

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2003 :  09:20:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've read everything available (that I could find) on cell ministry and transitioning to cell ministry. I firmly believe that is what the Lord has been saying to me for several years. (i'm hard headed is why it has taken so long).The only thing is that in our adult church there is 2 families. Yet in our kids church we have about 250 faithful kids . Many have been coming for 2 to 3 years. I live on the Oglala Lakota Sioux Indian Reservation and the adults are a very hardened people group. I believe the cell church is the only way to make a diference. The thing is I don't feel right in just abandoning all the kids that we have been investing in the past couple of years. Yet how do you organize all the kids into cell groups when there are only 2 adults to lead them. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. We divided the kids into small groups(30-40) a couple of years ago and were doing 7 services a week. To put them in groups of 12 would require at least 20 services a week. ANY IDES OR HELP IS APPRECIATED. in Christ
chet

touchadmin
Forum Admin

USA
119 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2004 :  16:10:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You know, I'd start children's cell groups in your situation. The kids can meet in a gym, sitting in circles and praying for one another. It could also be done outside if the weather is nice.

Ben Wong, a pastor I know in Hong Kong, used to make up a short recording for each of the child cell leaders to listen to between meetings that encouraged them, gave them questions to ask the other kids and instructions. They listened to it a couple of times and then showed up to lead their meetings.

In Ben's church, children as young as 9 years were leading cell groups of kids 7 and 8. But, the kids truly understood they were not there to play, but to minister and pray for one another.

Hope this helps!

Randall Neighbour
Forum Administrator
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum © Copyright 2010 TOUCH Outreach Ministries, Inc. All rights reserved. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000