TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum
. Home . Bookstore . Audio & Video . Read Articles Testimonials Testimonials . Shopping Cart . Contact Us . Forum  
TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 How to Use TOUCH/Cell Group People Resources
 Group Leader Training Tools
 Best use of TOUCH's Cell Group Leader Training
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic   

Randall Neighbour

15 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2003 :  16:47:28  Show Profile
Numerous pastors have asked about the best way to implement TOUCH's Cell Group Leader Training. There are three ways to use it, as stated in the Trainer's Guide: A one day seminar, a two day retreat, and 8 weeks of 1.5 ~ 2.0 hour sessions.

While I am a big fan of "immersion" events like weekend retreats (Encounter God, fun times for leaders, etc.) I do not favor doing cell leader training with a shotgun approach.

I realize that some churches only have the attention of their leaders for brief periods of time, and that doing a crash course on cell leadership may be necessary at first. But, I would highly recommend that the process of training leaders come out of a long-term mentoring relationship that assures the church is gaining a cell leader who cares to the point of sacrifice and whose character and values are aligned with the Word of God and the church's mission.

In fact, I am a big fan of a longer 16 week approach, using each of the lessons every other week for four months. This gives the interns/apprentices two weeks to successfully complete the practical assignments found in the back of the student workbook.

You might be thinking you don't have the weeks to invest in leaders (or that they won't go through an 8 or 16 week process), but you have to remember that developing good leaders does take time, and if you short-cut the process of building a deep relationship with those overseeing your flock, it could be damaging to your church.

If you'd like to dialog about this thread, feel free to add your thoughts or comments under this subject versus starting a new one. I'd like to hear from pastors who have tried it both ways, so use this forum topic to share your own results for the rest of the cell church world to see.

Randall Neighbour

Check out this bundle for cell group leader training:
  Previous Topic Topic   
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum © Copyright 2010 TOUCH Outreach Ministries, Inc. All rights reserved. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000