TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum
. Home . Bookstore . Audio & Video . Read Articles Testimonials Testimonials . Shopping Cart . Contact Us . Forum  
TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Ask The Experts!
 Pick Randall Neighbour's Brain
 Cell Based / Program Based
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ron Ressler
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2004 :  12:32:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Randall,

My wife and I currently are serving as "section leaders" (we oversee five cells) at our church, a 5 year-old church plant based on the cell church model.

As the church grows (we have 13 cells, 175 at Sunday celebration), there are times it feels additional ministries for mens accountability, new believer mentoring,in-depth bible teaching, etc, could meet more specific needs in the body.

This all sounds "program based" which we've been conditioned to resist! Have other cell churches offered similar "program" without weakening or detracting from the cells, or is our perception of such needs an indication that our cells aren't accomplishing all they should?

Thanks so much for your help. Your material is a tremendous blessing to our ministry!

touchadmin
Forum Admin

USA
119 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2004 :  17:05:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You may find this odd to see me writing, but cell ministry is a program too. It's just the MAIN program and any other programs in a cell-based church should support it and not compete with it.

Two examples you mentioned, accountability for men and new believer mentoring should both probably be done in cell groups. Now that doesn't exclude special men's retreats where accountability partners or triads from cell groups can go and bond, be forced to talk about hard issues and be encouraged.

New believer mentoring is best done in a cell group, where the whole village raises the child, so to speak (sorry Hillary, I've hijacked this phrase for the kingdom now!). But, just like men's accountability, it does not exclude the need for some corporate input like a Spiritual Formation weekend, a Spiritual Freedom Weekend (Encounter God), etc.

Now in-depth Bible study should probably NOT be done in cell group. I'd offer topical studies that are short term, say, 8 weeks on Romans or 10 Weeks on Hearing God. These would be outside of a mentor-driven discipleship track that you should already have in place

Thanks for the cudos... with a week like we've had, we need encouragement! Computer problems abound, but we know God is bigger than software updates and backup tape drives eating your expensive DAT tapes.

Randall Neighbour
Forum Administrator
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum © Copyright 2010 TOUCH Outreach Ministries, Inc. All rights reserved. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000