TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum
. Home . Bookstore . Audio & Video . Read Articles Testimonials Testimonials . Shopping Cart . Contact Us . Forum  
TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Ask The Experts!
 Pick Ralph Neighbour's Brain
 staying in a PBD or leaving to a cell church
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

revjake74
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2004 :  00:33:00  Show Profile
Hi Ralph,
Wanted to get your input on my situation. I have been on staff of a Program Based Church for about 9 yrs. In 1997 a friend of mine gave me your book "Where do we go from here?" as well as Dr. Cho's book. I was assigned the job as the assimilation pastor of our church, so I read the books to get some insight on how to conserve the harvest and keep our people. To say the least those books transformed my perspective and my desire in how to do ministry. I began discussing with my pastor the principles of your book and began to pray for this change to occur. In mid to late 1998 my pastor said we would look to the year 2000 to start "small" groups. This never happened. Just in the last year have we begun to go through Making cell groups work. But that has been dropped b/c it is not the Senior Pastors driving vision to have cells. In a recent meeting my pastor told me that he would never have his church a cell based church. He is looking more towards a program of small groups to help foster fellowship.

My question to you would be: Could you give me some guiding principles to evaluate or some helpful insights to help my wife and I decide if we should continue to be here at this church and support a vision that is not fully in our hearts?

I guess I can say that I've definitely come to the place that I'm willing to leave based upon my intense desire to live in true christian community. I believe wholeheartedly that this should be the way I live my life!

Edited by - revjake74 on 01/31/2004 00:37:56

Ralph

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2004 :  21:21:03  Show Profile
I think from what you have written that you have seen for months and even years that your pastor may not have the same vision as God has given you for fulfilling the mission of your current church.

If you have a clear mandate to be a part of a cell-based church, it's probably time for you to consider finding one to join as a staff member, or plant a new cell-based church if you feel God's mandate to do so.

Ralph Neighbour

Ralph W. Neighbour, Jr.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum © Copyright 2010 TOUCH Outreach Ministries, Inc. All rights reserved. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000