TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum
. Home . Bookstore . Audio & Video . Read Articles Testimonials Testimonials . Shopping Cart . Contact Us . Forum  
TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Ask The Experts!
 Pick Joel Comiskey's Brain
 Small Christian Communities
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dkueker
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  11:01:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear Joel

When doing some research recently at St. Meinrad's Archabbey & Seminary I stumbled across a movement in the Catholic Church called "Small Christian Communities" (SCC), also known as "Small Faith Communities" (SFC) and in Brazil, "Base Ecclesial Communities" (BEC) or "Communidades eclesiais de base"

Apparently this movement began in the '80s but I have never heard of it. There is a huge amount of material on it.

How close is it to cells? Thanks!

Joel Comiskey

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2004 :  00:06:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My research on these Base Ecclesial Communities took place in the mid-90s, when they were more closely connected to liberation theology. Since the fall of communism, I would think their make-up has changed, but I don't have any up-to-date information to give you. Sorry.

Joel Comiskey
www.comiskey.org
Go to Top of Page

intrepidservant
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2004 :  09:33:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Joel;
I have been praying for vision. I have heard about cell groups and just stumbled onto this site. I watched the online video presentation and e-mailed the link to my associate pastor. My church and subsequently my spiritual life have dried up. I am tired of events, auxilliary groups, conferences and a number of other fruitless activities. I'm going to drag my church into this kicking and screaming if I have to. I am only a member at my church, but I am not just a member. I have restrained myself from flexing any leadership because I didn't want to be hitched to another fruitless ministry or weighted down. I feel right about this. What do I do next. I see that there are a number of denominations involved. We are Missionary Baptists.
Go to Top of Page

Joel Comiskey

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2004 :  18:50:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
THANKS FOR YOUR POST AND I'M SOO SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG TO RESPOND. I'VE NOW COMMITTED MYSEL TO CHECK THIS SITE EACH TUESDAY. ANYWAY, I SENSE A HOLY, GODLY DISSATISFATION IN YOUR SOUL, BROTHER. THIS WAS THE SAME BURDEN THAT COMPELLED LUTHER TO POST HIS 95 THESIS ON THE DOORPOST. GOD USES PEOPLE LIKE YOU (THINK OF NEHEMIAH) TO GET THINGS DONE. SO YOUR QUESTION, 'WHAT CAN YOU DO?"

FIRST, MAKE SURE THE SENIOR PASTOR HAS THE SAME VISION. HE WILL NEED THE GUIDE THE CELL CHURCH VISION LONG TERM. BEGIN TO PRAY AND DREAM WITH THE SENIOR PASTOR AND KEY LEADERS OF THE CHURCH. BRING THEM TO THIS SITE. READ BOOKS ON THE SUBJECT. VISIT A CELL CHURCH. BUILD THE TEAM TOGETHER. THEN START ONE OR MORE PILOT CELL GROUPS WITH THE PASTOR LEADING ONE. THE SENIOR PASTOR SHOULD NOT "DELEGATE" IN THE BEGINNING. HE MUST BE INVOLVED. WHILE THE FIRST PROTOTYPE (S) IS GOING, MAKE SURE THAT THOSE ARE IN THE FIRST CELLS RECEIVE TRAINING (MY BOOK "LEADERSHIP EXPLOSION" WILL HELP). MULTIPLY THE PROTOTYPE AND THEN ASK OTHER MEMBERS OF THE CONGREGATION TO JOIN THE CELLS. IT'S VERY IMPORTANT THAT THE FIRST CELL GROUP LEADERS ARE COACHED. THE SENIOR PASTOR SHOULD COACH THE FIRST MULTIPLICATION LEADERS.

BROTHER, GOD IS WITH YOU. BE STRONG AND OF GOOOD COURAGE!!!

Joel Comiskey
www.comiskey.org
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum © Copyright 2010 TOUCH Outreach Ministries, Inc. All rights reserved. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000