TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum
. Home . Bookstore . Audio & Video . Read Articles Testimonials Testimonials . Shopping Cart . Contact Us . Forum  
TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Ask The Experts!
 Pick Randall Neighbour's Brain
 College Ministry Cells
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2004 :  12:00:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our cells are functioning well for families and for youth and now we are just beginning to get things going for college aged students. We have a couple of colleges in our community and about 90 who attend our Sunday worship services.
What are some ideas for getting the cells started for college students? Specifically, do we get college students to lead them or young couples? Should we start with couples until we can disciple students? Do you know of anyone who is doing this well that I could contact?

Jamie Sellers

Link H
Starting Member

16 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2004 :  04:36:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The verse about the older women teaching the younger women comes to mind. A lot of college students are away from home and away from older, wiser people who can guide them in life. It's great to encourage young people to be active and use their gifts. But I think it's a mistake that many churches try to segregate age groups. This might further the problem of generation gaps. If you can find older people who meet the Biblical qualifications for elder/overseer, and they want to help in the home meetings, that, imo, is great for younger people.

But young people need to learn to minister, not just be ministered to. Meetings should allow for those with the gift of teaching to teach, those with the gift of prophecy to prophecy, etc.

Go to Top of Page

Forum Admin

119 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2004 :  16:15:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The world's foremost authority on college cell ministry is Antioch Church in Waco, Texas, which has bunches of cell groups on the Baylor campus. Senior pastor is Jimmy Seibert

I bet you can just type in "seibert" and "antioch, waco" into and their website will pop right up.

I would visit this church or contact them for information. Link's idea isn't bad at all if your older folks are willing to adopt a college student or two per group and love them.

But, college groups are powerful too, as long as you have a leader replacement strategy set in place due to graduation each year.

Randall Neighbour
Forum Administrator
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum © Copyright 2010 TOUCH Outreach Ministries, Inc. All rights reserved. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000