TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum
. Home . Bookstore . Audio & Video . Read Articles Testimonials Testimonials . Shopping Cart . Contact Us . Forum  
TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Ask The Experts!
 Pick Daphne Kirk's Brain
 Children During Celebration Service
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2004 :  00:13:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In our setting, the children attend Kids Church during our Sunday Celebration services. My frustration is that we find ourselves thinking along the lines of the program based design (teacher with curriculum, divided by ages, etc.) as we approach children's ministry on Sunday mornings. Presently we have about 20 kids that are 5 and under and about 20 kids that are 6-12. Do you have any suggestions or creative ideas on how we could do Kids Church in a way that supports the cell model for ministry? What are effective cell churches doing with the kids during Sunday celebration services? Thank you for your response.

Pastor, Crossroads Christian Fellowship

daphne kirk

37 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2004 :  18:52:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is a big topic - Churches generally have set up childrens ministry with a school mentality rather than one based on Biblical values ( spiritual fathers, every person a minister, making disciples etc)

It IS possible to transition your Sunday mornings more in line with the cell model. Teachers will become facillitators, children can be raised into peer leadership that can launch them into leading their own cells in their schools etc. They will no longer go "up" but have adults who commit to them as children rather than to an age group.

I say all this to let you know that there is a way! If you are interested in a simple booklet, that those working with children can go through individually and then meet together to discuss, email me at and I will be pleased to send it as an attachment. This offer is naturally to anyone else who reads this and would like a copy!

Perhaps after reading it you might like to pick up the discussion again.

Others of you "out there" may have contributions that will help here too!

Daphne Kirk
Reconnecting the generations and releasing young people and children to have an uncompromising passion for Jesus with a heart for mission and evangelism.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TOUCH Outreach Group Life Forum © Copyright 2010 TOUCH Outreach Ministries, Inc. All rights reserved. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000